as there are some more users using uClibc-ng stuff, I would like to
share more often any features and bug fixes I am working on.
The last release removed some stuff, which should be better
communicated in advanced. Lesson learned.
I am working on following new stuff:
- integration of features required to build and run systemd.
- preadv&pwritev syscall wrappers
- secure_getenv function
- simple uchar.h
- addition of libidn support in getnameinfo()/getaddrinfo()
This allows to build and run minimal systemd without major patching.
Some nss code need to be disabled via a patch.
- integration of AARCH64 support from GNU libc
- static bootup in Qemu works
- ld.so support is missing
- NPTL/TLS is missing
- fixing sh2 flat support for Numato Mimasv2 (bug report sent to
- fixing mips32r6/mips64r6 support, help requested via eMail
to some Imgtec developers (unfortunately without response)
The initial submitter no longer working for Imgtec and mostly
works on ARM/AARCH64 now. Static bootup in Qemu works, ld.so
- Fixing broken ld.so support for NIOS2, adding NPTL/TLS support
- Adding support for more noMMU FDPIC targets (sh2, arm)
- there is an old SH uClibc branch I am trying to merge,
but I have an unresolved linking error
It might have something todo with missing trap handler inside
binutils/gcc, because the generated code adds an abort().
I have seen similar issue in Xtensa before Max added the GCC
If anyone want to help with some of the tasks or bugfixes, please
In general I like to cleanup old code, remove config symbols which
does not save any significant code size, fix compiler warnings and
resolve any open test suite errors.
Show replies by date